Yes you can have pudding on a healthy lifestyle!
So many people think that on a “healthy diet” you need to sacrifice all the good foods. In fact, no not at all! First, your tastebuds have changed over a period of time, especially if you transitioned into more of a healthy wholesome diet. Where usually all healthy foods taste delicious no matter what. Some may still be acquiring to certain taste and textures. I recommend for all you to give all healthy foods a try, especially this chia pudding.
Have you tried Chia Pudding?
If not, you all need to pause what you are doing and go make some asap! No jokes. This recipe will change your life. This pudding consistency is simply so satisfying and even better, I was experimenting in the kitchen, just like I always do, I added some veggie (beet) juice to compliment the healthy fats. This recipe is just too delicious and super nutritious. I believe that no matter what we put into our bodies, we should always be giving it the right nutrients to give us the right fuel. Trust me, it makes a difference to how you go about your day!
Back to this Chia Pudding… Perfect snacks and most amazing breakfast. Make this recipe ahead of time and grab with you for yourself and family when on the go or even at home.
Some chia seed benefits…
- excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids
- filled with fibre (keeps you regular, just add 2 tsp of chia seeds in your diet a day, aids in weight loss)
- contains antioxidants
- iron (for those who are anemic and don’t eat meat, stock up on chia seeds, they are your bff)
- source of calcium ( you don’t just need to rely on dairy)
- source of great protein ( 1 ounce – 5.6 grams of protein)
- Egg Replacement/Substitute: mix 1 tbsp with 3 tbsp of water, let sit for 3 minutes. This will replace an egg in vegan cooking and baking.
- Plenty of benefits for these little chia seeds; you may find black and white chia seeds.
I love buying Elan Chia Seeds, as they are known for their great quality and these are organic chia seeds.
Also, when buying your coconut milk, please be careful with reading ingredients. Read the ingredients on the can, as some coconut milks contain preservatives,gums and fillers. This will not taste as good as a pure one and terrible for your health.
I like to use this coconut milk down below as it only contains two ingridents; coconut and water. Make sure it’s full fat (get all that good fatty stuff 🙂 )
Happy Chia Pudding Making 🙂
- * 1/2 cup chia seeds
- * 1 can full fat coconut milk (let chill in the fridge overnight) * 1/4 cup almond milk
- * 1 scoop LeanFit Vanilla Completegreen Protein Powder
- * 1 tsp of honey or maple syrup or any liquid sweetener (optional)
- * ½ cup freshly chopped beets
- * 1 banana, mashed
1. Open the coconut milk can and carefully separate the cream from the water. Keep the coconut cream in a separate bowl and add the coconut juice/water from the can to the almond milk.
2. In a small bowl, pour the coconut and almond milk. Add about 6 tbsp of the coconut cream into the milk. Place the freshly chopped beets into the bowl with the milk. Gently stir the beets around in the bowl and allow this to sit for 5-10 minutes until the milk turns pink.
3. Take the beets out of the mixture. Place the chia seeds, sweetener and mashed banana into the mixture and mix everything together.
4. Pour the mixture evenly among the two mason jars. Let sit overnight in the refrigerator.
5. The leftover of the coconut cream can be left separately and placed in the fridge. You may top your chia pudding with coconut cream and add freshly sliced fruits with a dash of cinnamon to top it off.
To store: Place in an air tight container in the fridge. Last up to 5 days.
Check out my video below to make some basic Chia Pudding!