Weekends are all about the sweets!
Who can agree?! Nothing better than the smell of carrot coffee bundt cake and a coffee coming into the kitchen on an early morning.
Save yourself a couple of slices of this cake because I promise you’ll be going for seconds… if not thirds.
This Coffee Carrot Cake with Coconut Glaze is completely guilt feee and gluten-free! What a better combination? It even contains protein, thanks to @leanfitsbrand organic completegreen protein! It is completely vegan and tastes amazing!
Nutrition Facts: 2’’ cake slice
- 140 calories
- Fats 9.5 g
- Carbs 8.5 g
- Sugar 5.4 g
- Protein 6.5g
Surprise your family and friends with this delicious nutrient dense cake!
Eating healthy is not punishment. It’s nourishment!
Coffee Carrot Cake with Coconut GlazePrint This
- 1/2 cup finely grated carrots
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coffee
- 1/4 cup coffee beans
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour or 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 scoops complete-green vanilla protein powders
- 1/2 banana, mashed1
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup water or nut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 cup coconut cream (refrigerated)
- 3 tbsp mixed berries ( strawberries/raspberries/blueberries/banana)
- 1 tbsp honey or liquid sweetener
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder
- coconut flakes
- lemon zest
- grated carrots
- chopped nuts
- coffee beans/grounded coffee
- Preheat oven to 380F. Lightly grease the bundt cake pan or any cake pan.
- Mix the grated carrots, lemon juice and coffee beans together in a medium sized bowl.
- Once the carrot mixture is mixed, add the almond flour, coconut flour, protein powder, salt,baking soda and baking powder into the bowl.
- Beat the eggs separately and add it to the carrot mixture. Melt coconut oil, water, coffee, mashed banana, vanilla extract, and coconut sugar into the carrot mixture. Mix it well. Batter should have a thick consistency.
- Press the batter into the bundt pan or cake pan. Place into oven for 50-60 minutes until golden.
- While the cake is baking, you may prepare the glaze. Puree the berries in a blender. Take out the coconut milk and separate the cream from the water. Only use the cream part and place into a bowl.Add your choice of sweetener and arrowroot powder into the coconut cream. Gently mix in the blended berries. Mix well and place into the fridge for at least 30 minutes to set.
- Take the cake out of the oven and let cool for 10-20 minutes.Then you may proceed to take it out of its pan.
- Once cake is cool, use a spatula to glaze the cake or cover the entire cake. Sprinkle your choice of toppings like coconut flakes, lemon zest, grated carrots, chopped nuts, coffee beans or grounded coffee!
- Slice and enjoy!
Storage: Keep in an air tight container in the fridge. Lasts up to 7 days! You can freeze the cake to last longer and enjoy later.