It’s ENERGY Time!
Okay, I can’t be the only one who sometimes dreads the week. Whenever it’s Wednesday or Mid-Week, sometimes I feel like Friday is never going to come. However, with one bite into my ball, it will uplift your mood and you will change your attitude where Friday will be there before you know it. Just think you’ve already almost made it through today.
To spice up your next couple of days, make yourself some energy boosting snacks.
My all-time favourite snack is my Energy Balls!
Without fail, energy balls make my day. They are creamy, thick, crunchy and literally fulfill my taste buds. Completely natural energy boosting treats to keep you satisfied and feeling great throughout the day.
These below are…
- dairy free
- gluten free
- seed free
- contains protein
- 1.5 cup quick oats
- 2 ripe bananas
- 10 dates ( soak in hot water for 5 minutes until soften) .5 cup 100% all natural peanut butter, crunchy ( you may use any nut butter of your choice)
- 1/3 cup of nut milk of your choice or water (you may use your soaking date water- makes it naturally sweeter)
- 1/3 cup @enjoylife dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 scoop @leanfit organic completegreen protein powder
- optional: 1 tbsp maple syrup, honey or any liquid sweetener for a very sweeter batch
- crushed peanuts
- shredded coconut
- melted dark chocolate
1. In a processor, first process your bananas into a puree. Add the peanut butter to the puree. Process again on high for a thick creamy texture.
2. Place the dates and nut milk of your choice or water from the soaked dates into the processor. Blend on high.
3. Place the oats, protein powder, (+ sweetener, optional) into the processor and blend all together.
4. Add more oatmeal, if the mix is too wet. Add nut milk or water to the mix if too dry. Add more peanut butter if you want the mix to be more sticky. Blend again.
5. Once your mixture is finished, lay out your toppings into small bowls. Begin to scoop the mixture into your hands, and roll them into bite size balls or a size to your liking. Dip/sprinkle each ball with the various toppings.
6. Place each ball onto a tray or plate and let set in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
7. Take the energy balls out and enjoy!