Dounut ever give up !
I saw a post on instagram that said “Donut Ever Give Up” with the cutest pink cartoon donut that made me want a donut. Does this ever happen to you all? I see a picture no matter if it is cartoon or a real picture and instantly my cravings hit. It’s okay if you have this happen. It means you are a human and sometimes these signals maybe telling you something!
My signal was to head over straight to the kitchen and bake donuts.
I made these delicious super easy donut last week and sad to say none lasted till today. Instead I ate them all in less than 24 hours. #ilovedonuts 🍩 Oh, I shared one with my little sister.
Do you remember some of my #energyballrecipes? If yes, then you got yourself a head start.
P.s. These make a perfect pre and post workout snack, if you add the protein! 💪 Favourite protein is @leanfit OrganicCompletegreen Protein Powder
Here is a simple vegan healthy donut recipe! 👇
- 1/2 cup 100% all natural peanut butter ( or any nut butter)
- 1.5 cup quick oats (ground the oats, will be smoother)
- 1 scoop @leanfitbrand organic completegreen protein powder (optional*)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup nut milk (or water)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp coffee grind
- 1.5 tsp melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut butter (or shredded coconut) *optional: add liquid sweetener (agave, maple syrup, or honey* not vegan), add chocolate chips, maple chips, carob chips or sprinkles.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
2. In a food processor, blend the peanut butter, banana, coconut oil, coconut butter/or shredded coconut shavings, cinnamon, and optional: sweetener together until smooth.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients into the food processor. The mixture should be thick. If too dry add more water/nut milk/or nut butter. If too wet, add more oats or coconut flour.
4. Once the mixture is ready. Take a baking tray and line it with parchment paper. Take about 2-3 tbsp of the donut mixture and sculpt into donut shapes. Place onto the baking tray. Add any toppings you desire to the donut.
5. Once all donuts are sculpted, place the tray into the oven for about 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
6. Take out of the oven and let sit for 15 minutes.
To Store: Place into an air tight container and keep in the refrigerator. Last up to 7 days. Place into the freezer and last up to two months.