I’m pretty sure you clicked this post because you are curious to see what my beauty routine is like… especially because I’m so health cautious.
To be honest it is very simple.
I try my best to avoid any harsh chemicals in my beauty routine.
I believe it all starts from inside. The quality of your face is highly infected to how you treat your body on the inside. I’m not just saying it’s food. Yes, food makes a large difference to how your skin acts, but a lot has to do if you are getting the appropriate nutrition (vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, macronutrients & etc.) and if your body is processing everything correctly, like digestion ( a very important part in how your skin appears).
“Food” plays an important role, not just your skin.
My skin has really cleared up by following this simple routine below, pretty much everyday. I know a lot has to do how I treat my body on the inside but assisting it externally adds to great skin benefits.
*hover over the text of some of the products I use. (affiliate links)
- always wash your face (morning and before going to bed)
- use a mild gentle soap to wash your face (opt. for frangrence-free), I like to use The Soap Works brand and Dr. Bronners Castile Soap
- Use a facial circular massager brush to wash your face with soap and a cleanser every other day
- The cleanser I like to use every other day is Burt’s Bees Brightening Daily Facial Cleanser
- Use a Dry brush to massage the face in circular motions, always moving upwards in motion. This will take away dry skin and help blood circulation (in the morning, this will help with puffiness)
- Use aluminum- free baking soda as a face scrub ( 2x week) to help exfoliate the skin)
- Use a face mask at least 2- 3 times a week. I try to use a face mask right before bed. I’ve been using The Body Shop Face Mask: Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask (100% vegan). I like to use the soap, The Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Facial Soap together before I put the mask on to freshen up the skin, in order to get the full benefits of the mask. * Wash your face first before you put on any mask.
- For those who wear makeup often, try to use healthier makeup with less chemicals and are more on the natural side. Your skin is one of the largest organs that helps your body detox, don’t block it.
- Get at least 5 minutes of natural sunlight on your face without any sunscreen. Will help the body create vitamin D which is great for the skin. Don’t worry you will not burn. Your face will gradually begin to glow.
- If your skin is dry: use all natural coconut oil to hydrate and/or all natural shea butter
- If your skin is too oily, do not add oils to your face. Instead keep it natural by using just 100% rose water (purchase in the baking aisles for $3 or less) on a cotton ball or place into a spray bottle. Also, use Witch Hazel as a toner to help tame oils and keep skin plump.
My Face Routine
- Before my morning shower, I use my dry brush to create blood flow and circulation.
- After my morning shower, I will wash my face with soap using my circular facial brush.
- I will then use my circular facial brush with the Burt’s Bees cleanser (every other day).
- I will also skip this step if I use baking soda to exfoliate (2x week). After I will rinse my face and lightly pat my face towel onto my face.
- I will put some Witch Hazel onto a cotton ball and rub it on my face and neck.
- I will use the back side of the cotton ball and put some rose water and rub it all ver my face/neck
- If your skin is dry, use a little bit of coconut oil on your finger and gently rub around the face.
- If your skin is dry, oily or combination you may still use a vitamin C organic serum for under the eyes , cheek and forehead.
- Thats it. You may than apply your make up. I usually don’t wear make up but if I do, its usually mascara and a bit of mineral blush. I’ve even made my own natural blush – all you need is a teaspoon of cocoa powder and hibiscus powder and mix. Use a brush to apply like you would.
- If you are wearing make up, take off with coconut oil instead of makeup remover as they usually contain harsh chemicals. Coconut oil will help get make up off and instantly hydrate your face.
- I will then wash my face with soap using my circular facial brush. You can choose whether or not you would like to use a cleanser and/or exfoliate with baking soda (refer to morning #3 and/or #4) .
- I will rinse my face with water and damp dry.
- I will usually then do MY FACE MASK ROUTINE (face mask) Here, if needed. ( use face masks 2-3 times a week)
- I will then apply rose water , let my face to set and breath and then go to bed.
Watch My Face Mask Routine with The Body Shop down below…
The Body Shop Review
Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask
I am so happy to have tried out the Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask as it left my face glowing more than ever before. I fell in love with my experience instantly. Just after rinsing my face with warm water, I applied the mask evenly over the face. I love how smooth the application process of this mask was. The smell of the mask had me feeling like I was at a luxury spa. Once I have applied the mask, I enjoyed how fast it dried and it only required 10 minutes to leave on which is super time effective with absolute results. The tingling of the mask was funny but felt like the mask was doing it’s thing by activating. My face felt so clean and rejuvenated. I felt it gave an amazing deep clean, made my pores shrink, extracted all the dirt/oil, even my blemishes disappeared and left me with a moisturized glowing face! My face feels so clean, it’s like a facial every time!
Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Facial Soap
I love how foamy this Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Facial Soap gets when rubbed onto the face in a circular motion. I love the smell of it and how it doesn’t irritate my skin at all. Just after rinsing my face, even after I took off my makeup that sometimes leaves residue, this soap cleanses my skin further, removing an excess makeup and oils. It leaves my skin leaving fresh and not dry. It feels like my skin can breathe every time I use it. I saw my face clear up within two days. I love using it in the a.m and before bed. I especially love pairing it with the Himalayan Purifying Glow mask to give myself the full charcoal experience! My face feels so clean, it’s like a facial every time!
Treat your skin well!