Sharing with you guys my favourite quick and easy banana bread recipe!
If your family is not totally into the healthy thing, that is completely okay. They won’t even notice this banana bread was altered to be healthy. Just don’t tell them and they won’t even know the difference. Instead they will thank you and perhaps ask for the recipe.
This banana bread is
- low in sugar
- dairy free
- vegan* (scroll down to find tips to how to make it vegan)
- gluten free* (scroll down to find tips to how to substitute the flour)!
It is so simple to make, and absolutely delicious! 🙂
You will not be disappointed!
- To make it vegan: substitute the eggs for 2 flax egg: mix 2 tbsp grounded flaxseed with 5 tablespoons of water. Let set for 5-10 minutes to thicken.
- To lower the fat content: replace the oil with applesauce (same measurements)
- To make it gluten-free: substitute the flour for coconut flour or @bobsredmill gluten-free flour
Healthy Banana BreadPrint This
- dry ingredients:
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp pink salt
- 1 tsp grounded cinnamon
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking soda
- wet ingredients:
- 2 large ripe bananas ( 1 cup )
- 1/3 cup cane sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp black strap molasses
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil and/or melted coconut oil (stay away from canola oil + sunflower oil)
- 2 eggs (*for vegan option: replace eggs with 2 flax eggs)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or gently squeeze half a lemon
1. Place all the dry ingredients together into a kitchen aid mixer, mix gently or whisk the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
2. Set aside, mash the bananas into a light chunky paste. Mix or whisk the wet ingredients together.
3. Pour the wet mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients in 3 parts. Gently stir until the batter is smooth.
4. Grease the loaf tray with coconut oil or olive oil. You may line the tray with parchment paper instead of greasing the tray. Pour the batter into the tray and spread evenly.
5. Place into the oven. Bake for 45 minutes.
6. When the banana bread is ready to take out, let cool for 15-20 minutes.
7. Slice and enjoy!
Tips: To make it vegan: substitute the eggs for 2 flax egg: mix 2 tbsp grounded flaxseed with 5 tablespoons of water. Let set for 5-10 minutes to thicken. To lower the fat content: replace the oil with applesauce (same measurements) To make it gluten-free: substitute the flour for coconut flour or @bobsredmill gluten-free flour To store: Store the banana bread on a plate wrapped with saran wrap or aluminum foil. Lasts up to 2 days. After place into fridge for up to another 4-5 days or place into the freezer for up to 4 months.