Essential Oils have been around for ages but recently is seen as a new fad or the new hype thing to use especially in the wellness world.
I have been using Essential Oils for some time and can’t express how much I love them. Not only do I love the smell of pretty much every scent out there, but I also admire the healing properties and all the benefits that come along in the oils.
100% Pure Essential Oils
You want to seek for pure (100%) essential oils to receive the full benefits and properties of the oils. Be aware when you buy oils in store that they don’t contain any additives to their mixture. They should be pure to maximize their benefits. Also, the oils should be placed into a dark glass bottle to allow the oils to stay fresh and keep their benefits. Store them in a dark and cool place.
Where to buy essential oils?
There are so many places where you can buy essential oils. Currently one of the most popular places to get your hands on an oil is at Saje Natural Wellness including getting their diffusers. You can purchase essential oils at Apothecaries, your local health food store, Healthy Planet, some grocery stores, Amazon, Whole Foods Market, Winners and Home Sense and so much more. Prices do vary at all locations and sometime supporting local businesses are better and help the community to grow.
“ILY” Essential Oils
I have recently discovered a local company that just started, @ilyoils and have gotten the chance to partner with them. They are based in Ontario, Canada and not too far away from where I live. I had the honour to try some of their essential oils and couldn’t be more in loved by their aroma, their mix and how well they are made.
I tried the Lavender, Pine and Lemon essential oils! Love them so much 🙂
Richard and two of his good friends are behind the works of “ILY Oils”. I thought their choice of brand name was really adorable and smart. ILY stands for “I Love You” , or pronounced “ill-ee” is a common phrase to use and since essential oils are to be used to better our lifestyles, love is seen as an ideal emotion towards the things we do on a regular basis.
ILY oils are homemade oils (click here to ILY youtube channel: How they are made?) to learn more about the process.
Some of the essential oil scents that are available and actually affordable are:
All of ILY OILS are 100% Natural and Locally Homemade with Love!
- Peppermint (NEW)
- Spearmint (NEW)
- Tea Tree
Some of Favourite Essential oils that I love to use are highlighted above.
Scroll to the bottom of the page to see How to incorporate essential oils into your life and create a healthier lifestyle!
Shop Your Favourite Scents
To shop for ILY Oils, Go to their Etsy Page: ILY OILS
To learn more about ILY oils be sure to check out their Etsy Page and Instagram @ilyoils. Have questions, send them a DM!
Essential Oils have been part of my life since I can remember. I use them in so many ways and wanted to share with you what you can use essential oils for….
- Diffuser: Put them into a diffuser and let the oils infuse into your home
- Keep the bathroom fresh:Keep the bathroom smelling fresh with place a few drops (1-2) of oil inside the toilet paper
- Perfume hack: Place 1-2 drops of your favourite scent, lavender, behind your ears and on the inside of your wrists
- Sinus congestion: Place 1-2 drops of peppermint or spearmint oil onto your forehead and below your nose
- Accidentally cut yourself: place lavender or tea tree oil on the boo-boo. It will give the body a natural sense to heal
- Dandruff: Place a few drops of tea tree oil into your shampoo and mix
- Sore muscles Place a lavender/spearmint/peppermint/ tea tree oil onto the sore body part and massage deeply
- Massage: Relax using your favourite scent
- Feeling tired? : Place a few drops of peppermint and lemon into 1 tsp of coconut oil and massage onto temples and neck
- Healthy Skin: Place 10 drops of lavender oil into a 1 cup of water and place into a spray bottle. Spray / mist your skin with this mixture after a shower.Skin will feel soft and revitalized
- Trouble falling asleep? : Place a few drops of lavender into a diffuser or if you do not have a diffuser, place a few drops into a spray bottle mixed with water and mist your pillow case
- Natural chemical cleaner: Place a few drops of your favourite scent into hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle, Shake and spray to keep things clean.
- Laundry sheet hack: Get rid of the chemical filled dryer sheets! Get some wool/cotton dryer balls and put some of your favourite essential oils into the dryer balls and throw them into the dryer with your laundry. Best moment when you take out the laundry.
- Bug spray: Place a couple drops of citronella into a spray bottle mixed with distilled water. Spray on your clothing when you are ready to go outside.
- Stinky shoes: place a few drops of your favourite esstential oil onto two cotton balls. Place each cotton ball into a shoe.
- Respiratory issues, have a hard time breathing?: Rub a few drops of eucalyptus oil onto your chest.
- Stress-free bath: Place a few drops of lavender oil into your bath and soak.
- DIY toothpaste: 1 tbsp coconut oil, 2-4 drops of spearmint oil, and 1 tsp baking soda (mix and keep in a jar)
- DIY Natural Deodorant for sensitive skin: Mix 2 tbsp of coconut oil, 1.5 tsp baking soda without aluminium and 2 tsp arrow root powder and few drops of your favourite essential oil. Mix well and place into a container.
- Stronger nails: add a few drop of tea tree oil onto your nails and massage it in.
Add a little essential oils to your lifestyle #healthy!