Collard Greens are beginning to get well known in the wellness world especially they are used for warps.
Since collard green leaves are thick and crunchy, they act perfectly as wraps and substitute for a healthy version of a tortilla wrap. Also, saves you from eating unpronounceable ingredients that are found in the process tortillas these days. If you aren’t feeling green wraps, here are some suggestions for a healthier version of tortilla wraps below.
All Natural Wraps, Whole Wheat Wraps(Non-GMO), and Coconut Wraps
Also, Whole Foods and your local health Food Store will have a variety of healthy wraps! I know Whole Foods has Corn Tortillas for about $2.99CAD for 8 -12 Pieces (depending on size) and they only have 3 ingredients: Corn, Water and Salt. This is a way better option!
Give the Greens a Try!
The collard green leaves are perfect, especially if you are trying to incorporate more greens into your diet/lifestyle.
Collard greens can be slightly bitter on their own, however when more ingredients are combined with it’s leaves, the bitterness disappears.
Their rich dark leafy green leaves are filled with protein, fibre, calcium and iron and a ton of key minerals and vitamins for your health. Just by adding a few collard greens into your diet, you can help add more calcium and iron which is very beneficial to many females as we tend to be low or even sometimes lack of.
Tip: Try to eat whole foods than always supplementing, makes a huge difference in our health and immune.
Making these wraps are simply delicious and very easy to make!
To make these wraps 100 times better, give your self some time to prepare two main ingredients/recipe, to add to the wrap, that make it taste creamy, filling and tasty. The flavours and aromas blend well for this Might Green Wrap.
Recipe 1: Baked Crispy Radish Recipe
If you like baked potatoes, you are going to love this dish. Radishes that taste like potatoes! I know radishes can be bitter raw, but when baked they taste exactly like baked potatoes without any bitterness. They are soft and have any outer crunch to them.
Try adding this recipe as a side dish to your meals, salads (they act like croutons), snacks and more. Be creative.
This recipe here is paleo, keto, gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan friendly.
Baked Crispy Radishes
- 10 small sized radishes
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- dash of black pepper
- optional: 1 tbsp of olive oil and salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- To prepare the radishes, wash and rinse them with water. Slice them into quarters.
- Place the sliced radishes into a bowl. Add all the other ingreidents into the bowl and mix throughly.
- Place parchment paper onto a baking tray. Spread out the seasoned radishes onto the tray
- Place the tray into the oven for 30 minutes. Until golden brown.
- *Optional: Broil for the last 1-2 mintues for extra crisp.
- Let cool down and enjoy as a side dish, snack, add to wraps and salads.
Recipe 2: “Nut-Free” Green Pesto
Make this simple, easy and all natural ingredient pesto at home. Homemade natural pesto made in less than 5 minutes and only uses less than 7 “whole” ingredients. This can be added to various recipes; pasta, salads, dressing, dips and more.
This pesto is nut-free, keto, dairy-free, gluten-free, paleo, and vegan friendly!
- 6 tbsp raw hemp seeds
- 1.5 tbsp dried basil or 1 handful of fresh basil leaves
- 2 small avocados
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Optional: dash of sea salt or pink salt
- Place all the ingreidents into a blender. Blend on high until a smooth creamy consistency appears.
- Place into a bowl and it is ready to serve.
Once you have these two recipes ready, you are about to make the best Vegan Collard Green Mighty Wraps!
You do not have to add the two recipes above into this wrap, it is optional. But give it a try, because I promise its very tasty and super healthy!
Let’s Make the “Green” Wraps
Mighty Green WrapsPrint This
- 4 collard leaves
- your choice of sliced vegetables:
- -my baked crispy radishes (recipe above)
- -lettuce (iceberg and romaine lettuce)
- 1/4 cup of my Green Pesto (recipe above)
- *optional: add protein (tofu,temph,meat*, seafood*, egg*)* not vegan/vegetarian
- Remove the bottom thick stem of the collard green carefully.
- Place 1 tbsp of my Green Pesto onto the collard green wrap. Spread it out.
- Place all the vegetables you like onto the wrap.
- Roll the wrap carefully. Once rolled, place a toothpick in the middle of the wrap to hold together.
- Enjoy right away.
To Store: Place into an airtight container into the refrigerator. Last up to 4 days. Perfect to pack for lunch and even a snack!
Tag @wholeonlife and/or #wholeonlife for me to see your beautiful creations!