Halloween is right around the corner!
Are you ready for all the Trick or Treats?
If you are hosting a Halloween party or doing a get together with friends and/or family and need appetizers or desserts, then these easy to make cute Jack-O-Lantern Vegan and Gluten-Free, All Natural Cookies:Pumpkin Protein Carrot Cookies will get the party started.
These vegan cookies are super easy to make! You can still have your treats, but if you are looking for a healthier alternative, then these healthy vegan Jack-O-Lanterns won’t disappoint. They are a lot of fun to make!
These are vegan and protein packed with my favourite protein from LeanFit. I use the organic completegreen vegan powder, that adds a vanilla sweet taste the cookies!
Can’t wait to see your creations!
Don’t forget to tag @wholeonlife and/or #wholeonlife for me to see your treats!
Also, I’m still deciding what to be for Halloween! I’ve been a cat for the last 5 years! Any ideas??
Love you all,
Pumpkin Protein Carrot CookiesPrint This
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free oat flour ( any flour will do)
- 1 scoop LeanFit Protein Powder (Completegreen or Whey, preferably vanilla flavour)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup ( honey or liquid sweeter)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- dash of pumpkin spice
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup carrot pulp or 1/3 finely grated carrots
- Optional: 2 tbsp cocoa powder for chocolate flavour, in this case you would prefer to use chocolate flavour protein powder.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients and gently mix. Continue to add your wet ingredients into the same bowl. Mix all the ingredients together. Kneed the dough until everything has combined together. *If too dry keep adding 2 tbsp water or nut milk.
- Use your hands to flat out the dough or use a rolling pin to flatten the dough. *If using a rolling pin, it is recommend to place parchment paper on top of the dough to flatten. This will avoid any sticking to the rolling pin.
- Use a pumpkin cookie cutter or any other shapes to cut into the dough. Use a knife to cut out small triangles for the eyes and gently trace the mouth into the dough.
- Line your baking tray with parchment paper. Place the cookies onto the sheet. Place into the oven for 9-11 minutes. If your cookies are thin, leave them in the oven for 7-9 minutes.
- When done leave the cookies to cool down for another 2-3 minutes before eating them.
- Optional: dust them in sugar or cocoa powder
Storage: Keep the cookies in an air tight container. To enhance freshness, store in the refrigerator.