Who’s craving pizza tonight?
Make these perfect easy mini pizza bite taco’s! They were made to redesign the touch of traditional pizza. We all know the classy way of eating pizza. Thick or thin crust with toppings usually in the shape of a triangle or a square! Well, these are cute and super fun to eat!
These mini pizza are a cleaner and healthier version of original pizza. Take out all the wheat/crust ingredients and swap it for 365 Everyday Value, Organic Corn Tortillas from Whole Foods. Get a good old chunky salsa, some tasty toppings (you can include meat; beef, chicken, pork, or to keep it vegan you can choose to add tempeh or tofu) that are a favourite of yours and top it with some cheese (of course, non-dairy cheese).
These pizza taco shells are super easy to whip up and alongside a glass of wine, make a perfect night to eat some good clean junk food and some Netflix!
The corn tortillas are crispy and the fillings make it moist and chewy! Yummy! 😛
Get creative with these Pizza Bite Tacos!
Can’t wait to see your creations!
Don’t forget to tag @wholeonlife and/or #wholeonlife for me to see your pizzas!
Love you all,
Mini Pizza Taco BitesPrint This
- 1 package (10-12 slices) small sized corn tortillas
- 3 cups chunky salsa
- 1 white onion, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced olives
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded cheese (non-dairy cheese)
- dash of peeper
- dash of pink salt
- optional: 1 egg white ( to glaze/brown the taco)
- optional: fresh parsley and/or cilantro diced
1. Pre-heat oven to 375F.
2. Prepare the chunky salsa, by straining the chunky salsa to remove most of the water content.
3. Prepare your onions, mushrooms, and olives. Place them into a bowl with the chunky salsa. Mix the ingredients together including the salt and pepper.
4. As the oven is being heated, place your tortillas into the oven to warm up, for them to be flexible. You may also choose to microwave them for a few seconds.
5. Prepare your tortillas, you may have to cut them into smaller circles, depending on the size of your muffin tray.
6. Lightly grease the muffin tray with coconut oil or olive oil. Place the tortilla into the the muffin mold and gently mold them into the muffin cup.
7. Once the tortilla’s are molded, place them into the oven for 2-3 minutes for them to harden.
8. Take them out of the oven, and add about 2-3 heaping tablespoons of salsa mix into the tortilla cups. Place them into the oven for 15-20 minutes. Optional: Whisk the egg white and lightly apply them with a brush onto the sides of the tortilla cups to glaze and brown them.
9. Once, the tortilla molds with the sauce have settled, take them out of the oven. Place the cheese on top and place them back into the oven for 5 minutes.
10. When done, garnish with parsley and/or cilantro and some seasonings.
11. Let cool and enjoy!
To Store: Place into an air tight container. Lasts up to 3-5 days. Best when fresh! To reheat, place into the oven to restore freshness. Tip: If you do not have any dietary restrictions, you may choose to add meat into the salsa; like ground chicken, ground beef to add protein to the meal. If you are vegan, you choose to add tempeh and/or tofu. You can choose to add a variety of vegetables too.