Who doesn’t love pizza?
Actually, I never actually enjoyed pizza. I’m weird like that, but I would be the one who would be found eating everyone’s else crust because it was just so crispy. I love anything thats crispy, but of course healthy. I know that todays mainstream pizza dough isn’t so nourishing. Therefore I made my own version.
Now, when I think of pizza, I think of a very nourishing pizza filled with delicious fresh ingredients. The best thing is I can eat this entire pizza for a meal and feel absolutely great! Thats the difference between my pizza and a store bought processed pizza. Trust me, you won’t be in a food coma, instead you will want to conquer the world.
This vegan pizza dough is primarily made out of chickpeas. However, feel free to use other legumes like black beans, kidney beans, lentils and more. They will all make a perfect healthy crust. Just be aware of different cooking times. Other than that, it will be a delicious pizza!
Use all your fresh local ingredients and try to utilize as many vegetables to fill your pizza! If you aren’t vegan, thats not a problem at all, you can still make the crust to avoid the classic pizza dough, and just top your vegan crust with some healthier cheese and meat. I still suggest you add a bit of vegetables, it will taste better.
I suggest you make more than one pizza because everyone in the family will want their own pizza. They are simply delicious and nourishing.
Make your pizza your own!
Crispy Chickpea Crust Veggie Pizza RecipePrint This
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- sprinkle of dried oregano, basil, parsley and/or all seasoning
- Tomato Sauce:
- 1 1/2 beefsteak tomato, sliced
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of pepper
- pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp of dried oregano, basil, parsley and/or all seasoning
- Veggie Toppings:
- 1 yellow zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of sweet corn
- handful of sprouted beans (lentils, chickpeas, white + red kidney beans)
- 1/4 cup tomato, diced
- few fresh thyme stems
- handful baby spinach
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 small beet, thinly sliced
- pinch of pepper
- sprinkle dried basil flakes
- sprinkle cumin
- Optional: Feel free to add or swap out any of your toppings! You may choose to add certain seasonings to your pizza, as well.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F
- Place parchment paper onto a baking tray. Lightly grease it with olive oil
- Place all the crust ingredients into a food processor. Blend on high until a very dough-like consistency is present
- Spread the dough mixture onto the lightly greased baking tray. Shape the dough to your liking
- Place the crust into the oven to bake for 15-18 minutes
- While the crust is baking, clean out the food processor. Make the tomato sauce. Place all tomato sauce ingredients into the food processor and blend on high. You may blend it for a few seconds if you like a thick and chunky sauce or blend for 1-2 minutes for a smooth consistency sauce. You may choose to also chop your veggie toppings, if they aren’t already pre-cut.
- Take out the pizza crust from the oven. Spread the tomato sauce over the pizza crust evenly.
- Place all the veggie toppings on top of the pizza
- Place your pizza into the oven for about 15 minutes. You will see the crust to begin to golden brown
- Let the pizza cool down for about 10-15 minutes. Slice and enjoy!
- vegan - gluten free - dairy free - keto (low carb friendly) - vegetarian