So many of you have been asking me for this recipe, through Instagram, since I have been posting all week long on my Insta-stories these delicious #energyballs, that I love to pair with my coffee, matcha, and/or smoothie!
Well, the wait is finally over, just simply scroll down to the bottom of this page to find the recipe! (To all the Canadians, try not to miss out on Bulk Barn’s Sale – 25% off all regular items until September 5th! )
I like to call these “Coconut Bliss Energy Balls”
- includes healthy fats
- natural sugar from dates and banana
- paleo ( just substitute the oats for coconut flour and/or almond meal
My Love for Coconut
For some reason I love coconut in pretty much every form! Whether it’s shredded, toasted, meat flesh or water, anything coconut I am in! Also, my love for my energy balls is beyond love! My relationship with energy balls is just, well perfect! They are the best snack to feel satisfied. They are super nutrient dense, all in one ball, also depending on which energy balls you choose to make. ( search: energy balls on my blog or scroll through my instagram, you’ll find various ways to make #energyballs). I love how easy they are to make and yet, they look so pretty and tasty every time. Back to the coconut love, no matter what flavour my energy balls are, sprinkling or rolling the balls into shredded coconut is so yummy every time, without fail!
My cat, Almond, loves shredded coconut and will always eat the crumbs off my plate when I have an energy ball! #mycatlikestoeathealthy lol.
Look at all the various ways you can find coconut at my favourite bulk store : Bulk Barn Foods just type into the search bar: coconut and you’ll get endless results!
Buy Energy Ball Ingredients in Bulk
Very simple, all natural, wholesome ingredients to be found at your local grocery store. Even better, shop in bulk for making #energyballs, you’ll save a lot more! I love shopping at BULK BARN FOODS (Canadian company) which have such a variety of ingredients for every lifestyle! Check them out @bulkbarnfoods!
Shop in Bulk to Save at Bulk Barn (25 % off of any purchase, begins August 30th – September 5th,2018)
Show this Coupon when you are cashing out – FIND BULK BARN COUPON
If you are in and/or from Canada, find your nearest Bulk Barn Foods Store Here and go shopping ASAP to save on all your goodies. Don’t forget to stock up because you never know when you’ll feel like making snacks!
Sustainable shopping at Bulk Barn (Local Bulk Shopping Store)
Not sure how to shop in Bulk at your Local Bulk Foods Store being Eco-Friendly, Sustainable and part of the #zerowaste club? Check out my latest post here – HOW TO SHOP IN BULK WITH “BRING YOUR OWN” CONTAINERS/BAGS?
Shopping in bulk will help you save so much money especially if you are on a budget and want to eat healthy!
If you decide to make these Coconut Bliss Balls, don’t forget to tag me @wholeonlife and use the #wholeonlife because I love seeing you make my creations!
Love you all,
Coconut Bliss Energy BallsPrint This
- 1 very ripe medium banana
- 6 pitted dates (soak in warm water for about 5-10 minutes)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter ( any nut butter of your choice)
- 1 cup (1/2 (quick or rolled oats) oat flour (grounded oats) + 1/2 cup oats)
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut flakes for rolling (topping)
- 1 heaping spoon of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- optional: to add more sweetness (maple syrup, agave, honey, coconut sugar, and/ or sugar cane)
- optional: scoop of protein
- *If mixture is dry: add some water, more nut butter or nut milk (almond milk)
- *If mixture is too wet: add some more oats. Can be grounded like oat flour and/or oats.
1. Place the peanut butter (choice of nut butter), soaked dates, banana and coconut oil into a food processor. Blend on high until smooth.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend all together, until a thick mixture occurs. If too wet or dry, note above *
3. Place the mixture into a bowl and let sit in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to set.
4. Begin rolling the energy ball mix and roll into the coconut flakes!
To store: Place in an air tight container in the refrigerator. Lasts up to 7 days. If you made lots of energy balls, you may place them in the freezer in z bags or air tight containers. Lasts up to 3 months.