What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
ANSWER: PUMPKIN PI
Thanksgiving is here and it is a must to have a pumpkin pie for dessert.
Make a healthy vegan pumpkin pie that doesn’t really taste too healthy, instead you won’t even taste the difference. Don’t tell your family what it is made out of. Let them first, taste and then spill the magic. LOL!
This pumpkin pie is simply delicious and even better the crust is full of protein by LeanFit.
For more dietary restrictions check out this vegan + paleo pumpkin pie recipe here.
Can’t wait for you to try this recipe with your friends and family. It won’t disappoint! It will rejuvenate your tastebuds. Instead, you’ll be making them more often, not just on holidays.
Can’t wait to see your creations. Don’t forget to tag me @wholeonlife and/or use the #wholeonlife for me to see your beautiful creations!
Pumpkin PiePrint This
- 1 cup oat flour (any flour can be used)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 cup nut milk (almond milk)
- 1 scoop vanilla LeanFit CompleteGreen Protein Powder or Vanilla Whey Protein Powder 1/4 water
- 1 egg or 2 flax eggs
- 1 cup grounded walnuts or almond meal
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or 1 tbsp coconut sugar 1.5 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1/4 mashed banana
- 1/4 apple sauce
- 1/4 nut milk
- dash of pink salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or coconut sugar
- dash of pink salt
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
For the Crust:
- Place all crust ingredients into a bowl and mix together, until combined. If too mix too dry, add more nut milk or water. If too wet add more oat flour (any flour will do), more oats, or grounded nuts (almond meal). Let batter sit for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the filling.
For the Filling:
- Place all the filling ingredients into a blender or processor. Blend on high until creamy.
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees Fahrenheit
- Lightly grease the pie dish with olive oil or coconut oil. Place the crust mixture into the pie dish and spread evenlyto line the dish. Don’t make the crust too thick. Use a fork to press down gently around the rim of the crust tocreate a design.
- Once the crust lining is in, place into the oven for 15-20 minutes. Allow the crust to bake half way through.
- Take out the pie crusts and fill them up with the filling. Sprinkle some cinnamon, pumpkin spice and/or coconutsugar on top.
- Place the pies into the oven for 15-20 minutes to bake. For the next two minutes, set oven to broil, leave the pie infor ONLY 2 minutes.
- Take the pies out and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!
To Store: Cover the pie with cerium wrap, aluminum foil or insert the pie into an airtight container. To enhance freshness, store in the refrigerator. For dietary restrictions please check out the link above called : vegan + paleo pumpkin pie