Can you believe that the month of January, 2019 is almost over?
It’s like yesterday was New Years!
We’ve all made 2019 intentions but did you stick to them? Thats the real question!
Many people say, but not many do! This drives me crazy. I’d rather you say you’ve done something, once you’ve actually did it (evidence). What you are going to do doesn’t count, until you do it.
ACTION OVER INTENTION!!
I’m sure we are guilty of this but this is one of the biggest traps in our mind. If you say something, you must do ( this is my big 2019 goal that I am working towards). It’s harder than you think because there are always challenging obstacles that get in the way #reallife.
Anyways… I wanted to ask you if you have been accountable for what you wanted to do so far in 2019. We have surpassed 21 days of attaining our goals (small or big) in 2019 and see if you’ve finally created a “HABIT” for yourself to keep going. As we all know it takes 21 days to get into the habit/ routine of things!Reminder I’m just checking in…
It’s never too late to start NOW but make sure you have someone close who can keep you accountable.
Here’s a little snippet of it ….
How To Start New Habits That Actually Stick by James Clear
Your life today is essentially the sum of your habits.Read More…. https://jamesclear.com/three-steps-habit-change
How in shape or out of shape you are? A result of your habits.
How happy or unhappy you are? A result of your habits.
How successful or unsuccessful you are? A result of your habits.
What you repeatedly do (i.e. what you spend time thinking about and doing each day) ultimately forms the person you are, the things you believe, and the personality that you portray.
But what if you want to improve? What if you want to form new habits? How would you go about it?
Turns out, there’s a helpful framework that can make it easier to stick to new habits so that you can improve your health, your work, and your life in general.
WHOLEPODS PODCAST: coming soon…
EPISODE 3: HOW TO CREATE & STICK THROUGH WITH YOUR HABITS?
Are you have trouble sticking through your intention and/or goals. Maybe you just want to create a simple routine to stick too or add something small to your day and can’t find the regime to follow through or to keep you accountable. I’m sure we all created 2019 resolutions and maybe some of your resolutions have already failed. Don’t worry the year isn’t close to being over so we can start over with these few tips and tricks on creating habits!
DID I FAIL THROUGH MY INTENTIONS FOR THE YEAR, ALREADY?
Let’s see if I have been accountable and made some progress in the intentions I have made at the beginning of 2019…
These were the goals for the year, some can be tracked on a daily basis…
BOLD TEXT– WHAT MY INTENTIONS ARESee how I did below… for the month of January!
ITALICS TEXT– AM I MAKING PROGRESS?
1. To graduate this summer from University. To study hard for my last 2 courses that are really hard, but to get at least a B+ or higher in my last two courses.
– Classes began January 14th ( I have attended class + have caught up on my work for next class already (ON TRACK)!
2. Create better and more entertaining content on WOL (recipes/wellness/fitness)
– I am doing a Giveaway with @coconutbliss this month and @thebodyshop post coming soon. More to come … (ON TRACK)
3. Get into YouTube in March as I will be moving with my boyfriend, Josh
– March isn’t here yet! (NO YET ON TRACK)
4. Drink MORE Water – at least 3L (this is such a simple task but I lack because I drink lots of coffee)
– Surprisingly, I have actually reduced my coffee intake, been drinking more teas and H2O ( ON TRACK)
5. Run a HALF marathon this year (in summer)
– Since January 1st, I have ran in total 72.7 KM as of Sunday January 20th, 2019. (ON TRACK)
6. Once a month try a new fitness class ( F45, ORANGETHEORY FITNESS, Barry’s Bootcamp & etc.)
– I have tried TWO classes this month. I have tried Orangetheory Fitness and F45! ( ON TRACK)
7. Be more SOCIAL
– Have not met up with friends yet. ( NOT ON TRACK)
8. BE PRESENT in the MOMENT- “BALANCE”
– I have been able to balance a crazy schedule but still not present in every moment but defiantly better than 2018. ( MORE OR LESS ON TRACK)
9. More structured Workouts!
– I have planned a few of my workouts ahead of time than spontaneously arriving at the gym and not really knowing what I should focus on! (ON TRACK)
10. Be aware of my situation at all times and take greater risks!
– I am aware of my situation and have taken two great risks. Will definitely announce soon and follow up on it! (ON TRACK)
*** TO KEEP ACCOUNTABLE WRITE YOUR GOALS EVERYWHERE! WRITE THEM DOWN IN A CALENDAR, NOTEBOOK, TALK ABOUT THEM TO FAMILY AND WHO SUPPORTS YOU, PUT THEM INTO YOUR PHONE AS ALERTS, SAVE AS WALLPAPER & ETC. ANYONE CAN DO IT! ***
Love you all,